Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Acknowledgments

he start of this book came with an e-mail from my
former editor at McGraw-Hill, Barry Neville, who
suggested that for my next book I consider the
topic of motivation. But the origins of this book
really stretch back much further, as I was reminded
when I received an e-mail from another friend and author,
David Cichelli. It was Dave who many years ago had intro-
duced me to the work of Abraham Maslow for a talk I was to
give. While I cannot remember anything about the talk, the
connection with the ideas of Dr. Maslow stuck.
As I am a consultant focusing on leadership communica-
tion, specifically on helping men and women use their com-
munications to achieve their goals, motivation is a natural
topic for me to explore. Communication is the operative driver
of the entire motivational process; it is the means by which
leaders create conditions, and reinforce them, in which people
can feel motivated to achieve.
My explorations have been helped by many colleagues. It
was Kathy Macdonald who provided key suggestions in the
development and writing stages that gave the ideas their shape
and proper weight. Kevin Small of Injoy and his able colleague
Colleen Johnston deserve special mention for opening doors
for me. I also want to extend a special thank-you to Frances
Hesselbein, who generously gave her time, and to David Hack-
ix
Copyright © 2005 by John Baldoni. Click here for terms of use.
wo
rth, who did likewise. I also appreciate the kind introduc-
tion to Colonel Hackworth by Don Vandergriff, army officer,
fellow author, and military affairs expert. Ari Weinzweig and
Paul Saginaw of Zingerman’s put up with my barrage of ques-
tions, and their colleague, Maggie Bayless of Zing Train, was
very helpful in providing access and insight. I also want to
thank Eric Harvey, with whom I cowrote an earlier book on
motivation; its lessons have influenced me in this endeavor.
I also owe a big thanks to my current editor at
McGraw-Hill, Donya Dickerson, for her enthusiasm in getting
this project completed. The editing supervisor, Janice Race,
and copy editor, Alice Manning, deserve credit for helping the
manuscript read as well as it was intended to. And, of course,
no book of mine would be complete without a thank-you to my
wife, friend, and life partner, Gail Campanella, who helped
make the entire book creation process possible and bearable.

binary options trading

binary options trading

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...